electrocuted frog

This photo was taken on a roof in Florida. That unusual looking skeleton in the center of the photo is a burnt out frog. The exposed split bolt for the electrical service presented a hazard which the frog was not aware of. The frog came in contact with the exposed split bolt connection (electrically live with 240 volts since it appears the frog was in contact with both sides of the connection) and the metal weather head, simultaneously. It appears the frog with mouth wide open, was attempting to have a bite for lunch that must have been on the split bolt, he didn’t quite make it.